Friday, July 24, 2009

The Newton Boys and the police

I forgot to mention in an earlier blog that as we rode through Newton, Kansas around 1 AM we were joined by the local BMX biking boys on Main St. I was riding at the time and they yelled out to me 'Are you going cross country?'. I yelled back that we were going to NYC and they promptly jumped on their bikes and tried to catch up.

As Janet will attest, my competitive nature took over and I decided they were going to have to catch me even though I had already been on the bike for an hour. Let me just say, they were toast!

However, we stopped to make a rider switch and they rolled up to talk. We took a great picture of them along with Carl and me. They warned us that we had a headlight out on the car and we better get out of town as soon as possible or we would be stopped by the police. They seemed to be very familiar with the local police as one of the young men said the town just loves to take your money. In fact, he had been in court every Thursday for over a month!

They were really fun to visit with and then we were off into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment