Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Feeling strong

I am really pleased that I am feeling so strong as we enter our 5th day of riding. As I expected, the miles are not really a problem. However, it has taken some time to settle into a routine inside the RV in terms of sleeping, eating, and showering.

I feel I am finally getting enough sleep and eating ok, but it is very dependent on the time of day and if the RV is moving or sitting for people to sleep. If you have to sleep with the RV in motion, it is extremely hard.

Eating is also a challenge since everyone is on different schedules. We have lots of fruit, whole wheat bread, bagels, turkey, peanut butter and of course energy bars. I have taken advantage of a few gas stops to find a nice cold bottle of milk. A cold drink is quite a treat!

Showering is somewhat sporadic, but I am happy to report I have taken 3 in 5 days. That seems to be about the average. As you can imagine, the quarters are tight and the schedule is demanding so finding time to shower is at a premium.

All and all, everyone seems to be in good spirits and feeling like we covered the toughest part of the trip. Now we need to just put our heads down and keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment