Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I have a signal again!

I am sorry I have not been able to update everyone, but we have not had any good cell signal for quite a while. We are settling into a nice pattern and are making great time.

We cleared the Rockies today and are now ready for a great tailwind to cover Kansas. As we all expected, Carl is a beast on the climbs although everyone has done a great job. I climbed one summit (about 6 mile climb) and was rewarded with a great downhill run.

Yesterday we enjoyed some marvelous scenery going through Glen Canyon although the temperatures up around 104. Obviously we are going through LOTS of water and staying hydrated. However, it is hard to keep your body temperature under control. We shortened our riding segments and switched every 30 minutes instead of an hour. The air conditioning in the Prius is a real treat.

It is hard to get pictures taken and loaded but I will try to get a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment